Search This Blog

Sunday, April 29, 2018

Do You Enjoy Christian Fantasy and Science Fiction? If so, You've Come to the Right Place


Hello Everyone!

Are you a Christian? And do you love fantasy and science fiction? Do you wonder why so many Christians have hang-ups about fantasy movies, science fiction and fantasy literature, and role-playing games? If you love Jesus and, at the same time, find yourself enjoying fantasy and science fiction, then....

You're in the right place!

My name is Brian Tubbs. I'm a huge fan of fantasy (including Christian fantasy), science fiction, and historical fiction. And I'm currently working on a few fiction projects in the Christian fantasy and gamelit genres. In the meantime...

This blog will include reviews of books (and occasionally movies and TV programs) in the science fiction and fantasy genres - with a special focus on Christian fantasy.

I recommend you read "Is it Wrong to Read Fantasy Literature?" for my personal take on the issue of Christians and fantasy entertainment as well as my interview with Christian fantasy author James Somers.

In the months to come, I'll be debuting my own Christian fantasy novels. In the meantime, I recommend you check out my friend and Christian fantasy author James Somers at Amazon.

Thus far, most of my writing has been in the realm of non-fiction, with a focus on history, politics, personal development, and religion. You can check out The Death of Truth (free) over at Wattpad and also see some of my writing at my longtime blog, American Revolution & Founding Era. I'm also a contributor to the popular American Creation blog. My writing has also been featured in several online and offline publications, including The Federalist, The Washington Times, and Insight on The News. 

FAVORITE FANTASY & SCI-FI AUTHORS

-James Byron Huggins
-William R. Forstchen
-Frank Peretti
-John Flanagan
-Jeff Shaara
-James Somers

*A special shout-out to J.R.R. Tolkien and C.S. Lewis, both of whom rank among the greatest authors ever!

OTHER AUTHORS I ENJOY

-David McCullough
-Jeff Shaara
-Brian Tracy
-John C. Maxwell
-David R. Stokes

FAVORITE MOVIES & TV SERIES

-"Star Wars" (the originals)
-"The Lord of the Rings" trilogy
-"Star Trek" (TOS and TNG)
-"Stargate SG-1" and "Stargate: Atlantis"
-"Apollo 13"
-"Indiana Jones" movies
-"Captain America" movies
-"Ben Hur" (the original)
-"Patton"
-"Mr. Smith Goes to Washington"

"ABOUT ME" HIGHLIGHTS

Professional Career:
-Pastor for the past 11 years (2 churches)
-School Administrator (private school) for 1.5 years
-High School Teacher (private school) for 4 years
-Non-profit / Association Manager (several organizations) for 7 years

Education:
-B.A., Government & Politics, George Mason University
-M.A., Theological Studies from Liberty University
-Graduate Certificate in Christian Apologetics, Biola University

Family:
-Married and the Father of 2 Teenagers

No comments:

Post a Comment